Data Interpretations

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

treesrock

Data Interpretations

Post by treesrock »

Does Tree Value in the standard table "individual tree characteristics" refer to replacement value? Is the removal total in the standard table "individual tree pollution effects" measured in hours, months, or years ? Does the Tree Value number take in account the pollution removal value? What about carbon sequestration, is that taken into consideration under Tree Value in the standard table "individual tree characteristics."?

I have not seen a breakout of these specific variables and what lies behind them. I did check out ufore methods but it does not correspond well to the variables in the report I mention above. Thanks for any guidance on this mater.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Eco inventory report interpretations

Post by azelaya »

The tree value is the replacement value based on the CTLA formula in the Individual Tree Characteristics report. The Eco inventory option outputs are much more limited than a sample based project and the model does not include pollution removal or carbon sequestration valuation.

The removal total in the standard table"Individual Tree Pollution Effects" is a yearly total.

I have attached (2) reports for an Eco inventory project as we do not have an example inventory project integrated into the application yet. This will allow other users to see what the output files look like for the inventory option. These are supplied courtesy of Nick Bridgeman in Lakeland, TN.

Hope this helps,
Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Eco Inventory Report interpretation

Post by azelaya »

I just wanted to clarify my last post. There is a pollution removal value that is calculated and presented separately in the Individual Pollution Effects report. This is not reflected in the Individual Tree Characteristics report (Tree Value) which is a CTLA value calculation.
A member of the i-Tree Team