Deleting a Project in ITree Streets

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

David Howard

Deleting a Project in ITree Streets

Post by David Howard »

This seems like a silly question, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

How do you delete entire projects within an ITree Streets file? I am using ITree Streets version 3.0.

Thanks!

-David Howard
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Deleting a project i-Tree Streets

Post by azelaya »

There is not a "Delete" project option within the Streets program. I usually delete my unwanted projects the same way I delete a file or folder. Navigate to the location where the project (project name.istreets)is saved on my computer and delete from there.
A member of the i-Tree Team
David Howard

Post by David Howard »

Hi, thanks for the response!

I feel increasingly foolish, but my understanding of the organization of Projects within Streets seems to be very flawed. Are Projects separate files, or are they stored within the information on the database file that is created initially? I can delete the database with the istreets extension, but I cannot find any of the individual projects under My Computer, nor is there any option that comes up about where they are being saved. The only way I can figure out to access them is through the software itself, and deleting the istreets file will delete ALL of my projects so far.

David Howard
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Deleting a project i-Tree Streets

Post by azelaya »

Hello David,

Ah yes, I see what you are talking about now. I can see that you have created multiple projects under one database but I would not advise you to try to delete one of the projects. I usually work with one individual project and related database. Therefore, it is easy to delete a test project if needed.

Your Streets project that you created is an Access database with the multiple projects set up within the database. You can open up your .istreets project using Microsoft Access to investigate the structure. The config table will have the multiple projects that you created in the database but it will not allow you to delete any projects as it will affect other relationships that are created in the database. We don't advise people to start working within the database structure because you can do some damage in there but leaving your extra projects should not cause issues.

My guess is that a "delete project" option was not built into the Streets program to avoid inadvertent data loss.

Hope this helps clarify things,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
David Howard

Post by David Howard »

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing things up!