Organizations using itree in Washington state

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

huuanh2811

Organizations using itree in Washington state

Post by huuanh2811 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Hello,

I would like to find out which organizations are already using itree in Washington State, especially in Western Washington? Is anyone on the user forum a Washington State user or know of any organizations that already are using it for projects and programs in Western Washington? Cities, colleges, universities, non-profits (found one that may be already) and so on.

Please send to me thru this user forum and thank you in advance for your assistance.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Organizations using itree in Washington state

Post by azelaya » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:19 am

We recommend the following local resources for users interested in connecting with or locating other local i-Tree users.

1. State and Regional Urban Forestry Coordinators - Coordinators often have grant programs and networking groups intereste in urban forestry and i-Tree. They are will typically have better knowledge of projects, organizations and individuals available for contact. See the ArborDay State resources pages
https://www.arborday.org/states/ which included contact and tree cities for states.

2. You can also use the IUFRO (International Urban Forestry Research Organization) list for individuals who have expressed interest in networking on different urban forestry topics. Although this does not have a State specific contacts, it is small list and you may see people from your state or cities nearby. https://directory.itreetools.org/

We (the i-Tree Team) is not able to provide lists of emails or contacts due to privacy policy. Additionally, it is difficult to capture specifics about actual i-Tree application use as some applications run entirely on desktop computers and online tool activity is limited to information such as website page access.
A member of the i-Tree Team