climate zones and species

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nick birchin

climate zones and species

Post by nick birchin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 am

i use i tree in the UK but there is no climate zone for the uk also it would be good to have a species list for the uk. And i have found that when adding a new speoces the application has problems with giving me a new code for it.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Climate zone & Species for U.K.

Post by azelaya » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:08 am

This is something that others have inquired about but the i-Tree Team has limited resources to accommodate the demand even here in the States. Remember the tools are free so there is not an external revenue stream to facilitate expansion abroad at this time.

Since i-Tree is relatively new and our users continue to grow, we are trying to figure out how best to address some of the new challenges. For example, if a country was interested in establishing a reference city, how could they go about collecting the data needed and in what format to integrate that into i-Tree? Furthermore, future integration efforts may complicate these efforts

These conversations are very preliminary at this time and we are more focused on further developing i-Tree Eco for international use because it has been adapted by several international users successfully already. Stay tuned.....

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team