STRATUM in peer reviewed journal articles

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

VT-EAB

STRATUM in peer reviewed journal articles

Post by VT-EAB »

I am a gradaute student and I am trying to find if there are any peer reviewed journal articles on STRATUM. I am trying to find out where STRATUM has been used in the past and under what conditions. If you know of any could you please let me know. This would help my Literature Review and quell my badgering committee members.

Thank you!
azelaya
i-Tree Team

STRATUM journal articles and project resources

Post by azelaya »

We recommend that people start with the list of works cited in "A Practical Approach to Assessing Structure, Function, and Value of Street Tree Populations in Small Communities" which was in the Journal of Arboriculture and can be accessed from the Resources http://www.itreetools.org/resource_learning_center/ page of the i-Tree website. You may be familiar with this already.

Unfortunately, we do not have a mechanism to track STRATUM projects and often rely on others to pass along information about projects. UFORE projects require data analysis by the Forest Service so there is a way to track those projects but STRATUM is a stand-alone application.

You may also want to consider contacting State Urban and Community Forestry Coordinators http://www.arborday.org/programs/treeCi ... nators.cfm who are often aware of local i-Tree projects within their states. For example, the State of Indiana was using STRATUM for a state-wide assessment. Grants for iTree and other UF projects are usually adminstered through state agencies and they may have some information that will be useful.

good luck
A member of the i-Tree Team
VT-EAB

Post by VT-EAB »

Thank you for the tips. I was not sure if STRATUM records were kept through the Davey Resource Goup or the US Forest Service. But I do appreciate the information and will try and look deeper and see if I can find any other information where STRATUM has been used and detailed in a peer reviewed journal article (I have previously found the article mentioned and the Indiana resource).

Thank you again and take care!