UFORE Problems: Error 3421

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

zancona

UFORE Problems: Error 3421

Post by zancona »

I am having numerous problems with saving data in the UFORE portion of I-tree.

It seems to happen randomly when i am inputting data, i have had it happen at the very start on my first line and also i have done hours of work on it.

When i go to save my changes it gives my Error 3421: Data Conversion type error and then deletes all of my entries that i have made even from previous saves.

I am working with pretty small numbers, due to the fact most the trees i am getting measurments from are very small orchard trees. I wanna say this is the reason for it, but its hard to say, i dont know the program very well.

This is a internship project i am doing for my senior year in college, if anyone has any suggestions please post below, i would really like to get some results back from all the work i put into getting the data.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

--Zach
azelaya
i-Tree Team

UFORE error 3421

Post by azelaya »

Zach,

This error code indicates that there is data that is being entered in a field in the UFORE Shell data entry form which is not being accepted. It could be a value out of range as you have suggested or it may be something else. It is hard to pinpoint without seeing what you are entering.

Can you please send me a screen shot of the data that you are entering before you hit enter and it crashes. I may be able to see what may be causing the problem. You can email me the information directly.

Also, please let me know what version of UFORE you are currently using. You can find this under the Help Menu drop-down by choosing About.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team