version 3.0

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

WJP

version 3.0

Post by WJP » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Are all previous-version data immediately transferable to 3.0, or is there preparation required? Any update on the 3.0 release date? Thank you.

WJP
azelaya
i-Tree Team

version 3.0

Post by azelaya » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Hello,

Data that was collected in older versions of i-Tree should be transferable into v3.0. However, we lack enough older i-Tree data to test thoroughly for any unforeseen issues.

The end of May09 is the current target for release of 3.0.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
WJP

Post by WJP » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm

azelaya,

Thank you for responding to my query. May I download or get a CD of the current status beta 3.0?

Regards,

William
azelaya
i-Tree Team

version 3.0

Post by azelaya » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:52 pm

Hello William,

Work is still progressing on 3.0 and we should be posting online an April newsletter in a day or so with a progress update of some of the applications that will be offered. Sorry, a beta version of v3.0 applications and utilities is not available for distribution.

Thanks,
Al
WJP

Post by WJP » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:07 pm

Wednesday

Thank you, azelaya. Sorry to be a pest. Just ignore this if you are weary of my questions. The reason for my questions is this: I ordered the current version a week ago, after two days of tree workshops. When it arrives soon, I did not wish to start adding data if I would be required to add it all over again with 3.0. Also, since it appears that two formerly stand-alone programs will now be connected - I am thinking I could dispense with double data entry. Finally, while I do not yet know what data fields will be in 3.0, if there are new fields for info, or if they are configured differently (for example, must use a decimal point or must not use a decimal point), I would like to avoid redoing some data fields by possibly using that configuration now. Thanks.

William
azelaya
i-Tree Team

version 3.0

Post by azelaya » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:49 am

Hello William,

You should not encounter any problems especially if you are working with the most recent version of the i-Tree software. There should not be the need for duplicate data entry. Please feel free to send me an email directly and let me know what application (STRATUM, UFORE, MCTI) you are planning on working with and I can check into any potential issues of concern.

I have not seen procedures yet for migrating MCTI data into the new i-Tree Streets yet which may not be as streamlined as the process for STRATUM & UFORE migration. MCTI users may option to just keep using the current version of MCTI also.