no hourly pollution data

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Studio Verde

no hourly pollution data

Post by Studio Verde » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 am

Hi, without any hourly pollution data, could UFORE estimates the environmental benefits about a small 100 % tree inventory?
I have to draw up a green paln inside a commercial/industrial area, and I wuold like to take into consideration the pollution removal and tha carbon stored/sequestred by trees, in terms of enviromental assessment.
So, an approximate estimate about urban green capability could be sufficient...
azelaya
i-Tree Team

No hourly pollution data

Post by azelaya » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Hello,

You can still obtain some benefit information of the tree resource for the commercial/industrial park such as carbon storage, carbon sequestration, species composition, leaf area and tree biomass. However, the lack of pollution data would not allow for UFORE analysis of air pollution removal.

We recently had a UFORE study submitted from Udine, Italy. Please let me know if you would like me to contact the project manager to find out the source of his pollution data if that would help you.
A member of the i-Tree Team
Studio Verde

Post by Studio Verde » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 am

here (Italy) it's very hard to obtain data from public service... maybe I could get daily average data pollution for the following monitoring times:
30/10 - 01/12 2004
27/05 - 5/08 2005
01/12 - 01/02 2007
16/05/ - 01/07 2007

... could I use them?

thank you very much
Studio Verde

Post by Studio Verde » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:19 am

... I have been able to collect daily pollution data for 12/2008 and 01/2009, I converted them into hourly data and I made the Excel format file.
This is a preliminary step of a green plan, so I can put estimate not so accurate (then I will have some time to collect real data for pollution and trees/shrubs)

May I send you this file? Do you need also metereological data?
I haven't sent Data to Forest yet

thank you
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Hourly pollution data for Italy

Post by azelaya » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 am

Hello,

The Forest Service has pollution data that was submitted for a UFORE study in Forli, Italy from 2004 which is a complete data set and is better to work with than partial data.

You can send along the data that you have mentioned when you are ready to submit your entire project and the Forest Service can decide which would be best to run the analysis. Also, you will not need to supply meteorological data.
Studio Verde

Post by Studio Verde » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:15 am

That's great! I had heard about this study but I didn't know I could use them...
I'm going to send you the first part of our green plan.

thank you

Chiara Boschi for Studio Verde
Armando Buffoni

No hourly pollution data for Forlì city

Post by Armando Buffoni » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi, I am the coordinator of the study carried out in Forlì, Italy.

Hourly pollution data from three monitoring placed in the urban area of Forlì are available free of charge from the Regional protection agency located in Bologna.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further question.

The complete study (in Italian) regarding Forlì is available here:
http://www.comune.forli.fc.it/servizi/m ... 7&ID=59794

A paper is in preparation.

Best regards

ab
Studio Verde

no results till now

Post by Studio Verde » Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 am

hi, I sent data 4 months ago and I did not receive any answer... something went wrong?

see the attached mail you sent me for any detalis:

"-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: i-Tree Technical Services [mailto:info@itreetools.org]
Inviato: venerdì 30 gennaio 2009 12.29
A: c.boschi@studio-verde.it
Oggetto: Your UFORE data have been received for processing file PC6_090130115838.zip

Thank you for your UFORE data submission. We are processing your data now. Typically, you can expect your UFORE results back in 2-6 weeks, depending on the data processor's workload. If you do not have a response by that time, please contact i-Tree Support through any of the means listed on the website (www.itreetools.org/support)."

thank you for attention

Chiara
azelaya
i-Tree Team

UFORE results status

Post by azelaya » Fri May 29, 2009 7:46 am

We will look into it and contact you directly. We apologize for the delay.
Al