Will version 3.0 be automatically sent to existing users?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jwhangen

Will version 3.0 be automatically sent to existing users?

Post by jwhangen »

Just wondering how the distribution of 3.0 will be handled - is it automatically sent to existing users, or do we need to request it? If so, who should we contact at I-tree - thank you!
azelaya
i-Tree Team

i-Tree version 3.0 distribution question

Post by azelaya »

Hello,

i-Tree version 3.0 will not be sent out automatically as there is not a good mechanism to know who is actually using i-Tree once the CD is shipped.

The release will coincide with an announcement in the i-Tree newsletter and also on the i-Tree website www.itreetools.org. Therefore, If you receive the newsletter, you will be notified when the version 3.0 upgrade is available for download or by mail upon request. Here is the link to sign up for the newsletter http://www.itreetools.org/contact/index.shtm. You can also periodically monitor the i-Tree website during the spring for updates on the release.

Feel free to check back in with us for a progress report. We are hoping that it will be available sometime in April09.

Thank you!
A member of the i-Tree Team