UFORE 2.0

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nbridgeman

UFORE 2.0

Post by nbridgeman »

I gotta say, this new version (2.0) seems to be put together very well. The transition to PDA was easy. I did have a question though. In UFORE as or before I set up a project, can I make it a 100% inventory? We have some smaller 5-10 acre parks that I don’t want to sample; I just will make time to do the 100%. In the UFORE inventory Configure window, there’s a option under sample for 100% inventory, but I can’t select this. What can I do?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Complete inventory option for UFORE

Post by smaco »

Unfortunately, do to some modeling issues, the option for complete inventories is non-functional and unavailable in the current version of UFORE. We are working to solve the problem and will issue an update when the functionality can be accommodated. Do not despair, however, because you can trick UFORE into giving you correct results for complete inventories by defining a 100% sample. It is actually very simple:

1) When creating a new UFORE project (Sec. 1.3.3. of the Manual), select “Sample with field plots”
2) In the Generate Plots dialogue, select “Manually Create” and enter “1” for number of plots.
3) Define plot size as the total area for which you are studying (e.g., park size)
4) Continue with remaining project setup and data collection on every tree in study area.
5) Finally, when Uploading Field Data for processing (Sec. 1.4.3), please enter the following information in the Notes section of the Contact Information form:
a. 100% census inventory
b. Name of your study area (e.g., park name)
a member of the i-Tree Team