Trouble syncing to the PDA

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Vince

Trouble syncing to the PDA

Post by Vince »

Hey guys.

It seems every time I get a step further with this program A new problem arises....

So I fixed the problem getting STRATUM going but now I'm trying to get Itree working on my PDA but it doesn't want to go. I went through the manual but I can't find it. It synced up and took the program but it won't run properly.

I think it has something to do with the Mass Database. Or a pathway connection or something but can some one hook me to a trouble shooting page or something similar because I can't figure it out.

When Stratum comes up on the PDA I get an error.

Error code: -2147206501
Description: The database to which you are trying to connect does not exist.

Source: afDatabase.

Now, I do have a database. I think. I have four files in MDB format that I'm trying to use but they won't sync.

The PDA is running Microsoft ActiveSync 4.2

It's HP Quick Launch v1.0.1.4

It's running windows 5.0 I think....

This is very new for me (of course) So please bare with my ignorance.

Thanks...

Little help?
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

Hi Vince,

It sounds like the installation of the PDA utility for your Pocket PC was not installed in its entirety, as specified in the manual. Windows Mobile 5.0 users require the ADOCE and Registry Edit installations in addition to the PDA utility itself. You’ll need to refer to the manual on page 55 section 3.2 where the installation and setup steps are shown; these steps must be followed precisely.

And don’t forget, you can call our support line at 1-877-574-8733 and we’d be happy to help you with the steps.
a member of the i-Tree Team