UFORE 1.2

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nbridgeman

UFORE 1.2

Post by nbridgeman »

I'm trying to start a UFORE project but can't get the entire file from the online site to download leading to an error message saying there was an error trying to read the setup initiation file. This is understandable considering that only 20MB of the 128MB file would download. I've retried this like 6 times. I am on cable, and have a reasonablly fast computer (new). Is there any way you can send me a download disk with the new version on it.

Finally, are yall being backed on this program. I've done a lot of research on other products and iTree is still the most comprehensive. However, there is a big need for this type of software and it's hard to make a gamble on a program that may go by the waste side. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are on the fence about chosing which assessment program. Is there anything that yall can say that would keep peole with you and at the same time encourage users to recommend your program (other than monetary)?

Thanks for the help,
Nick
ekuehler

Post by ekuehler »

Nick,
If I understand you, you are trying to download the UFORE application directly from the website? Unfortunately, at this time, it can not be downloaded. You would have to go to the i-Tree website (www.itreetools.org) and request an i-Tree CD. The applications can be installed from the CD. Hopefully in the future this software will be available for download online.
Regarding backing, I understand your concern about programs going by the wayside and your not wanting to invest a lot of time into something that will not be around or is not defensible. Forest Service research scientists have been developing these applications over many years, and the review process that their work must be subjected is quite extensive. These scientists are well respected in their fields. Additionally, all of these applications were developed through federal funding, so they are public domain. They will always be available into the future one way or another. So as long as tax dollars are available, these applications will be available. I hope this anwers some of your questions.