UFORE - turnaround time/ empty results issues

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

mcclauca

UFORE - turnaround time/ empty results issues

Post by mcclauca » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:35 pm

Last summer I decided to do a pilot with UFOARE to develop some teaching tools with it. I collected data on 50 points and sent it to Syracuse After 6 weeks I had heard nothing so I sent an email to the support site They responded promptly and said thay would check in to it. I finally got my results in October.
1. Is this the normal turnaround time??

I brought the results in to UFORE and it created a list of tables and graphs in the contents list. However, all of the contents appear to be flawed as an attemp to display the results indicated that there was data missing, leading to a program exit.
2. Has anyone else experienced this and if so How did you fix it? My request to the support desk has not yet been answered so I sent another one today.

Thanks for any advice or help
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Charles,

Thank you for your post--what frustration!

We have talked to the Forest Service researchers in Syracuse, and it appears that the reason for the delay in receiving your UFORE results came from the fact that the data from five other studies were being processed concurrently. This unusual situation led to an inability to return your results within the normal time span of 2-6 weeks.

We are less clear about the error messages you are receiving. Forest Service personnel have confirmed them, so we know the problem is not on your side. i-Tree researchers and programmers are looking into the cause now, and we will contact you when we have a solution.

We are sorry that your experience with i-Tree has been less than ideal so far, and hope to improve it soon.

Thanks again
a member of the i-Tree Team