Will i-Tree eventually be Windows Vista compatable?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

CJohnsonSoDak

Will i-Tree eventually be Windows Vista compatable?

Post by CJohnsonSoDak »

I imagine there are a few people out there who are working on large networks that may be switching from Windows XP to Vista; for example South Dakota will be switching next summer. As of right now i-Tree and Vista are not compatable. Are there plans to make i-Tree compatable with Windows Vista?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Thanks for your question.

The main issue with Vista compatibility revolves around data transfer to and from the PDA Utilities through the new "Windows Mobile Device Center," which enables you to set up PDA partnerships and synchronize data.

Currently, with i-Tree v.1.2, data can only be transferred through MS ActiveSync, which is different from the new Mobile Device Center. This problem is solved with the i-Tree updates scheduled for later this fall. With the new updates, data transfer to and from the PDA Utilities for MCTI, STRATUM, and UFORE will no longer require a partnership through ActiveSync and will therefore be compatible with Vista.
a member of the i-Tree Team
replicahours

Thanks...

Post by replicahours »

I was looking for this information.
Apreciate all help.