Windows Mobile 6

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ekuehler

Windows Mobile 6

Post by ekuehler »

I was asked today if i-Tree can run on units running Windows Mobile 6. I recall there were problems with 5.1. Does anyone have any experience with this?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

This fall, an updated version of the i-Tree PDA utility will be released that allows compatibilty with Windows Vista and Pocket PCs running Windows Mobile 2003 and 5.x. Windows Mobile 6.0 may or may not work; we have not yet tested it due to its unavailabilty. If you are using a Pocket PC with 6.0 (not a "smart" phone) please let us know what the make and model is so we can get one.

And to be clear, WM 5.x is currently compatible with i-Tree. --Scott
a member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Windows Mobile 6.0 for PDA utilities update

Post by azelaya »

i-Tree programmers recently completed testing Windows Mobile 6.0 with i-Tree 2.1 applications using an emulator and did not encounter any problems. However, testing still needs to be completed with an actual device running WM6.0. Since devices running WM6.0 are available on the market, we know that users are most likely working with this operating system. However, we have not received any feedback or questions indicating that any compatibility issues exist with WM6.0 at this time.

If you are using WM6.0 with an i-Tree application, please let us know if you have had any problems or not.

Many thanks!
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team