Climate Zones

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nbridgeman

Climate Zones

Post by nbridgeman » Mon May 21, 2007 7:42 am

Does anyone have any idea when iTree will have the South Central zone ready? And does anyone know if I did do my inventory as in the Piedmont and later the SC zone is ready, if I would be able to convert it to the appropriate climate zone? What would it take for us (City of Lakeland TN) to be a reference city, since the City of Memphis isn't interested?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco » Sun May 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi,
It would not be difficult to update your STRATUM project to a different climate zone once it becomes available; beyond some species code reassigning, the adjustments would be minimal.

There currently is no Reference City for the South Central climate zone, so the time horizon for inclusion within i-Tree is unknown.

There are specific requirements for Reference Cities; your request for information has been forwarded to the Center for Urban Forest Research, who lead the research for STRATUM.

Thanks for your interest in i-Tree!
a member of the i-Tree Team