MS ACCESS

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

frediana

MS ACCESS

Post by frediana » Tue May 15, 2007 11:42 am

I have a question about STRATUM and MCTI on the one hand and MS ACCESS (2003 and 2007) on the other. I'm assuming (please correct me if I'm wrong) that STRATUM and MCTI are compatible with ACCESS 2003. Given that ACCESS 2007 has been released, (1) are STRATUM and MCTI compatible with ACCESS 2007 (2) if not, do you anticipate that future versions of i-tree will be compatible with ACCESS 2007 (3) would you recommend continue working with ACCESS 2003 irrespective of any future developments in i-tree? Any advice you could give would be extemely helpful. Many thanks.
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support » Tue May 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Thanks for bringing up this important question on the User's Forum!

Yes, MCTI and STRATUM are compatible with Access 2003. We have only just recently seen Office 2007 for the first time, and have not had the opportunity to test any of the i-Tree components methodically on its applications, including Access. Therefore, for the time being, we recommend saving any Access 2007 files as 2003 files with the *.mdb file extension.

This is an area where i-Tree users can make a very important contribution to the Community. As people using Office 2007 find problems, we would be grateful if they would send a careful description to info@itreetools.org so that we can consider them for the Known Issues
forum.
a member of the i-Tree Team