Largest I-Tree Eco Plot Survey?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

boltos

Largest I-Tree Eco Plot Survey?

Post by boltos » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:44 am

Afternoon I-Tree Family,

We are currently completing an I-Tree Eco survey for Greater Manchester in England. We have carried out over 1000 plots and are due to complete over 1500 by the end of the season. Out of interest, do you know which has been the largest I-Tree Eco Plot survey for a City so far?

With kind regards,

Sam Bolton - Manchester City of Trees
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Largest I-Tree Eco Plot Survey?

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:02 am

Hi Sam,
That sounds like a pretty significant undertaking. We don't capture all of the projects that people are using i-Tree Eco for but the biggest one that I am aware of is the Chicago Regional survey, https://www.itreetools.org/resources/re ... _nrs84.pdf. They reported using 2,076 plots for the entire region (Chicago and surrounding counties) with 745 plots falling within the City of Chicago proper.
I know of other folks who have had plot data collected for other projects that they entered into i-Tree Eco after that fact but I don't know of anyone who has published a report using more plots.
Your project maybe the most dedicated i-Tree Eco plots within a single city but unfortunately those aren't statistics we capture or have anyway to verify.
This sounds like an interesting project and we would definitely be interested to hear more about your findings and results.
Thanks for your interest in i-Tree.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
boltos

Re: Largest I-Tree Eco Plot Survey?

Post by boltos » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 am

That's great Jason,

We'll take the 2nd largest I-tree Eco Project in the world :) We'll definitely keep you posted about how the project turns out and send you the final report.

All the best from sunny Manchester.

Sam