International eco project that cannot be finished?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Baobab

International eco project that cannot be finished?

Post by Baobab » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:57 am

Good morning,

I did an iTree project in Ghana a while ago and when I was ready to submit my data, international projects were no longer accepted. It said to wait until this was also turned into an automatic process(?). But now it seems, that I will never be able to submit my project as I do not have (and cannot get) the data that is required (precipitation, pollution). Am I understanding this correctly or am I missing something? I did not even want to run these parts of eco in the first place.

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thank you very much.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: International eco project that cannot be finished?

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:04 am

You can still have your project processed but first you will need to add your location via i-Tree Database, http://www.itreetools.org/database/#/splash. Once you are on the i-Tree Database website you only need to select the "Add to Database" drop down at the top of the page and choose "Location." Once you have completed the location information form and submitted it, our team will review the information and your location will be added to the next update to i-Tree Eco. At that time you will be able to update your project in i-Tree Eco, select you newly add location, and submit the project for automatic processing. Automatic processing typically takes less than hour.
It is not a problem if you do not submit precipitation and pollution data. However, if you do not provide any precipitation or pollution information the benefits related to stormwater and air pollution will not be generated but it doesn't sound like that is an issue in your case.
Sorry for the confusion but please email us at info@itreetools.org if you have any additional questions. If you email us at that support address once you submit your location data we can make sure your information is added to i-Tree Eco as quickly as possible.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
Baobab

Post by Baobab » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:25 am

Thanks for the quick reply.
I already added the location and then got the impression that precipitation and pollution was absolutely necessary. If that is not the case, that's great news!

Thank you.

With best wishes
Lyn
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Hi Lyn,
Could you let me know what city you added to the location database? Also if you could let me know the email you used when you submitted your data that would be great. You could PM me or email me at info@itreetools.org with that information. I want to make sure that we have received your information so that your location will definitely be added to Eco in the next update.

And yes, you can have your location added without including precipitation or pollution data! In those cases your results will include summaries of forest structure and carbon storage but not the air pollution or stormwater related benefits of trees.You can check the list of added cities here, https://www.itreetools.org/resources/co ... yList.xlsx, and see that there are a number of them that do not have pollution or precipitation data.

Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team