diversity indices

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

pete.stewart

diversity indices

Post by pete.stewart » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:32 am

Where is diversity output in Eco? In the manual, Strata>Diversity Indices are are listed under the Composition and Structure tab, between Importance Value and Species Range, but I can't find them anywhere after running the model. I'm using a pre-stratified dataset, using Eco v6.0.9. Are diversity indices still included and where should I look? Thanks
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: diversity indices

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Pete,
Diversity indices are indeed available in the latest version of i-Tree Eco by going to the "Report" tab and selecting "Composition and Structure">"Diversity Indices">"By Stratum".
The diversity indices are only available for plot based projects that use statistical sampling. This is because most of the diversity indices were developed to rely upon data collecte on sample plots. If your data is a complete inventory the Diversity Indices report will not be available.
If you have a plot based project and are still not seeing those results feel free to create a packed project from the "File" menu in Eco. Then send us the zip file that is created at info@itreetools.org. With the actual project we can explore if there is something else going on.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team