Eco v6 pollution removal benefit calculations

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

HannahWalker

Eco v6 pollution removal benefit calculations

Post by HannahWalker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:39 am

Hi,

I have run i-Tree Eco v6 for a complete inventory of a university campus in Leeds, UK.
In the report the cost per kilogram of NO2 is given as £0.535, i.e. £535 per tonne.
I have used the equation quoted in the Eco v6 updates document (from Nowak et al) to calculate the cost per tonne of NO2 in Leeds, assuming a population density of 4066 people per square kilometer. I get £3442 per tonne.
Please could you indicate where the difference in these numbers comes from?

I am also interested in why v6 uses these US-based equations for UK projects rather than the UK social damage costs that were used in the London i-Tree project.

Apologies if I have missed something obvious :)

Many thanks,

Hannah
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Eco v6 pollution removal benefit calculations

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi Hannah,
To fully diagnose the difference we would need your project and the exact calculations you performed.
If you would like us to dig into the difference further you can send your packed project to info@itreetools.org along with the reference and exact calculations you were doing. We'll need to know what monetary conversion rate you were using, etc.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
HannahWalker

Re: Eco v6 pollution removal benefit calculations

Post by HannahWalker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks for your help, I'll do that.