i Tree Eco v6 - Free Adjustment of Costs and Benefit Data

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Waldschrat_0815

i Tree Eco v6 - Free Adjustment of Costs and Benefit Data

Post by Waldschrat_0815 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:05 am

Dear forum members,

currently I try to get an overview about i Tree Eco v6, especally to adjusting costs and benefit data.
Therefore i have 2 questions and kindly want to ask for support.

1. Is it possible to change to cost mask to add individual cost positions (i.e. traffic security measures)

2. In the data tab i can adjust benefit prices for
- electricity
- heating
- carbon
- avoided runoff

but, in the written report there are additional benefit categories (i.e. pollution removal).
Is it possible to get access to this data background to change the values?

Thanks for help in advance and best regards.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: i Tree Eco v6 - Free Adjustment of Costs and Benefit Dat

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:27 pm

To you first question. Within a single project the benefit and costs you enter will apply to the whole project. If you want to use different benefits or costs for different trees you will need to set up different projects.

To your second question. There are more options for the pollutants if you are performing an international project. However, for projects in the US the air pollutant values are automatically calculated using the US EPA's BenMap model applied to pollution removal rates and local census data to estimate the health benefits and the associated value of pollution removal. Of course, you can always export any results to a spreadsheet and apply your own multipliers to the amount of air pollution removed or any of the other benefits.

Thanks for your question,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
Waldschrat_0815

Post by Waldschrat_0815 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:15 am

Dear Mr Henning,

thank you very much for your answer an please excuse my delayed reply.

With my first question I wanted to know, if I can change the cost elements.
Can I add additional catagories (i.e. traffic security measures) or do I have to use the "other costs" category.

Thanks for help in advance and best regards.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm

I believe you are referring to adding additional costs for items under the Data> Inventory Value > Annual Costs, which is new to Eco v6 and allows for entry of forestry or tree management program costs such as tree pruning, planting, pest control, etc. Unfortunately, you are limited to the fields available and will have to use the "Other" category to capture other costs.

It is not likely that this form will be made flexible to allow for custom creation of new elements like traffic control measures.

Best regards,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
Waldschrat_0815

Post by Waldschrat_0815 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Dear azelaya,

thank you very much for your answer!