How to create a I-Tree Canopy Survey

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

silvia.ruggeri

How to create a I-Tree Canopy Survey

Post by silvia.ruggeri » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:05 am

I have my own ESRI shapefile with cover classes and I want to know how can I use it as Previous Canopy Survey to get pollutant removal estimation. Does it make any sense or I would better only use pollution removal rates and multiplicate them for the tree cover class area? Thank you.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: How to create a I-Tree Canopy Survey

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Silvia,
i-Tree Canopy doesn't currently have a way to accept external spatial data beyond the project boundaries. I think your idea to use the removal rates that you can see and edit during project settings should work fine. That will give you the same answer as if you were able to load your tree cover layer. You should be able to multiply the removal rates by you tree cover areas. Then use the valuation rates to get to the dollar/currency estimates. The key will be to make sure that your areas and multipliers are in the same units.

Thanks for your question and feel free to post any follow-ups.

-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team