Import File Formats

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jrt

Import File Formats

Post by jrt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:35 pm

What import file type formats are compatible with I-Tree? SHP, XLS, TXT, XML, KML, KMZ, MDB, Esri SHP file, Esri File Geodatabase, "DDF" or "SSF" from Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office?

Thanks,

Jay
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Import File Formats

Post by azelaya » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:49 pm

For Eco and Streets, tree inventory data can generally be imported into an established inventory project for those applications with a properly formatted .mdb Access database file. Eco can also use a shapefile for a project area boundary to generate a quantity of random plots for sampling if needed for a sample based project.

Shapefiles .shp boundary files can be used for the online i-Tree Canopy tool to define a survey area for estimating canopy and other cover types.

If you are interested in importing data into iTree from an external system, there are a couple learning videos for i-Tree Streets, Eco and Canopy that may be helpful under the Resources - Videos page. Here is the link https://www.itreetools.org/resources/videos.php
Let us know if you are looking at a specific tool and process for more details.

Best regards,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team