Eco - park trees more than 60ft from building, S1

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

greenspaceintern

Eco - park trees more than 60ft from building, S1

Post by greenspaceintern » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:42 am

Hello, I've recently started using iTree to do a complete inventory of trees in a local park and I've run into a problem. The S1 column will only take a distance between 0.1-60 but some of our trees are more than 60ft away from buildings. They are also taller than 20ft so the S1 column is required.

Is there any way around this?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Eco - park trees more than 60ft from building, S1

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi,

The Eco energy model actually assumes that any trees further than 60 feet from residential buildings don't have any energy benefits. So you shouldn't have to enter the distance and direction to buildings if your trees are shorter than 20 feet or more than 60 feet way from buildings.

However, if you enter a value for direction to building (D1) the application will force you to also enter a value for distance to building (S1). So if your trees are shorter than 20 feet or greater than 60 feet from buildings you shouldn't enter any values for D1 or S1.

If the application is still forcing you to enter the distance and direction to buildings for all trees taller then 20 feet please let us know.

Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
greenspaceintern

Re: Eco - park trees more than 60ft from building, S1

Post by greenspaceintern » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:13 am

Thank you so much! I assumed that the D1 column was required, but you're right. I can leave S1 blank as long as D1 is not filled as well.

I really appreciate your help.