Streets error message

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jefframsey

Streets error message

Post by jefframsey » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I am attempting to open an existing project on i-Tree Streets and I continue to get the error message "the file selected is not a valid i-Tree Streets database". This is confusing, because it is a .istreets file created within i-Tree Streets. While I don't think that this has anything to do with it, when I open i-Tree Streets, I get the following database error messages: "unexpected error trying to access location database . . ."; "pest database . . ."; "IPED matrix"; "species database--you will be unable to export your data to UFORHIC".

Background on my project: I have been a part of systematic inventory of neighborhoods in my city--when we have data from a new neighborhood, we just open the .istreets file from the last one we completed and swap in the new data. This way, species codes specific to our project are kept. Otherwise, this would be very time consuming to start over with each new neighborhood.

Any advice would be appreciated!!
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Streets error message

Post by azelaya » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 pm

If you you are making changes directly within the underlying Access database tables and then receiving errors when opening the project in Streets, it is probably due to something that is corrupted or is not compatible. Can you verify exactly what you mean by swapping new data in the project. Also please verify what version of i-Tree Streets that you are working with. Thanks.
A member of the i-Tree Team