Please confirm climate zone for Boise Idaho

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Bonesdad

Please confirm climate zone for Boise Idaho

Post by Bonesdad » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Boise was selected as the reference city for the Temperate Interior West Climate zone. However, when using the tool in both the Arbor Day Tree Value beta application and the Casey tree application, it identifies Boise as using the North Climate Zone. I want to make sure accurate data is being used in this location.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Boise, Idaho climate zone in NTBC

Post by azelaya » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 am

There were 35 different zip codes listed under Boise, ID and some were mapped to the North climate zone and others mapped to Temperate Interior West zone. This may be due to the fact that areas of the city are along the border of (2) climate zones.

The main National Tree Benefit Calculator website has been modified so that all Boise city zip codes are mapped to Temperate Interior West. I would suggest using the main National Tree Benefit Calculator site for consistency in values for that area http://www.treebenefits.com/calculator/
A member of the i-Tree Team
dbandzak

Re: Please confirm climate zone for Boise Idaho

Post by dbandzak » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:06 pm

www.treebenefits.com/calculator doesn't appear to be a functioning site.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Please confirm climate zone for Boise Idaho

Post by azelaya » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:04 am

we are checking into this and believe it may be a server issue and will update when it is back online. thank you for your patience.
A member of the i-Tree Team