How to access data underlying i-Tree Landscape tool?

FAQs and information on the i-Tree Landscape online application

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

itreeuser

How to access data underlying i-Tree Landscape tool?

Post by itreeuser » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:07 am

Hi i-Tree team,

I'm interested in the Area >> Canopy & Impervious data from the i-Tree Landscape tool (hectares and percentages categorized as Area, Canopy, Impervious, Plantable Space). Is it possible to access this data in spreadsheet form, broken down at either the US County level or US Census Place level? I understand that this data comes from NLCD and high resolution tree cover maps where available, but I have not been able to access data in spreadsheet form from those sources.

Many thanks for your help!
KristaH

Re: How to access data underlying i-Tree Landscape tool?

Post by KristaH » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm afraid the short answer is no; as you've noted, this is data that comes from the NLCD land cover layers, which are all delivered in image format as opposed to a spreadsheet. Information for data such as tree canopy within Census Places is calculated on the fly, depending on the geography of interest and according to the methodologies described in the References links. You can, however, export this data from Landscape for any areas that you have selected and processed (using the Generate Results section); let us know if this helps -

Krista H