Addition of new location data in China

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Database.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

sgxhui

Addition of new location data in China

Post by sgxhui » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:14 pm

Dear i-Tree support team,

We want to assess ecosystem services provided by urban forests in jiangsu zhenjiang china and are working with i-Tree Eco using plot - based sample project.
However, as I found that jiangsu's geographical location was not selected among the options in China, I plan to upload the pollutant data and weather data of Zhenjiang, Jiangsu. But I found that there was no weather station in Zhenjiang for me to choose from when uploading rainfall data, which made me confused. Does it mean THAT I cannot add a new weather station so that I can upload the rainfall data? By the way, it's okay to only upload data for 2020.
Thank you for your answer
Erika.Teach

Re: Addition of new location data in China

Post by Erika.Teach » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:49 am

Hi,

To read about international use of i-Tree go https://www.itreetools.org/support/reso ... ernational.

If your location and associated precipitation and pollution data are not currently available in Eco you will need to add those by using the i-Tree Database tool. That can be accessed here: https://database.itreetools.org/

After looking all of that over, let us know if you have further questions.
Best regards, Erika
sgxhui

Post by sgxhui » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:38 pm

Hi, I have a question for you. In the pollutant data template provided to us.Can I use the unit of code 1(μg/m3) for all pollutant data?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:12 am

Yes, that is fine as long as you correctly indicate the units in the form. Our modelers may have to convert those units for use in the model but as long as you correctly indicate which you units you used it should be ok.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
sgxhui

Post by sgxhui » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:34 am

thank you
sgxhui

Post by sgxhui » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:36 am

Soon I will submit complete pollutant data of Zhenjiang, China and create a new site. Thank you very much itree. I hope to approve the updated version as soon as possible. I urgently need your assistance in my research. Thanks a million.