Adding Weather Stations to add precipitation data

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Database.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

mdavies

Adding Weather Stations to add precipitation data

Post by mdavies » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Hello,

I have started a project in Canada using i-Tree eco. When setting up the project the closest weather station was in Calgary which is more than an hour away from my project. When I used the i-Tree database to add precipitation and pollution I could only add the information to the already established weather station in Calgary. I was using the information form another weather station. Is there any way to add new weather station information to different areas? Is there another way to add local precipitation and pollution to my project?

Thank you for your time
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Adding Weather Stations to add precipitation data

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:38 am

Unfortunately, we cannot accept new weather station data at this time. The weather station data has very strict formatting requirements and requires information about hourly wind speed, mixing heights, and cloud cover that are not readily available from most weather stations. For more information about the weather station validation process i-Tree Eco v6 Weather Station Validatio ... data gaps.. The i-Tree Database is the only way to add local precipitation and pollution data to your project.
We are working on a process that should allow users to provide their own complete weather station data in the future but that process will not be available in the near future.
Thanks for your question.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team