Can I add pollution datasets for different locations with a new international city?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Database.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

azelaya
i-Tree Team

Can I add pollution datasets for different locations with a new international city?

Post by azelaya » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:53 am

Only one set of pollution data for a given year can be integrated for a new international city location at this time. We understand that many cities have multiple pollution monitor locations to account for variation of pollution in a city, and it would improve modeling capabilities if data from multiple locations could be set up in Eco. However, we are limited to integrating one pollution dataset for a given year per new international city to keep our processes and underlying databases manageable. Adding neighborhoods or districts to facilitate more localized pollution selection within a city would require creating and managing additional database partitions. Perhaps, this option may be considered in the future, but with limited funding and resources the international city integration process is limited to one pollution set for a new city per year.

If you have access to multiple pollution monitors in your city, we advise to consider averaging data from multiple monitors to produce a representative pollution dataset for the entire city if possible. Or, to select a pollution dataset from one of the monitoring station that would be best suited to represent the entire city.
A member of the i-Tree Team