What data do I provide to add a location to the Database?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Database.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

What data do I provide to add a location to the Database?

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:11 pm

If you would like to add a species to the database you will need to provide the information indicated below. Note that not all of these items are required. However, the more of the optional information you can provide the more locally accurate the model will be.

• Continent – Select continent name of new location. (required)
• Nation – Select nation name of new location. (required)
• State – Primary partition (e.g., state, province, or territory) name of new location, where applicable. (required)
• Location Type – Type of location (i.e., administrative division) of new location. (required)
• Location Name – Name of new location. (required)
• Add Location Detail – Enter up to three levels of administrative divisions to more precisely describe new location. (required)
• Currency – Primary currency, or monetary unit, used in new location. (required)
• Latitude (decimal degrees) – Latitude, in decimal degrees, of new location’s center point. Can be entered directly or selected from a map during data entry (required)
• Longitude (decimal degrees) – Longitude, in decimal degrees, of new location’s center point. Can be entered directly or selected from a map during data entry (required)
• Elevation (meters) – Elevation, in meters, of new location’s center point. (required)
• Climate Region – U.S. region whose climate is most similar to the climate of the new location. See Appendix C of this document (https://www.fs.fed.us/psw/topics/urban_ ... ufr_43.pdf for selection guidance. (required)
• Electricity Emissions (kg CO2 /KWh ) – Amount of carbon dioxide (CO2), in kilograms, emitted per kWh of electricity used in new location. (optional)
• Cost Of Electricity ( per KWh ) – Local cost of electricity in nation’s standard monetary unit per kWh of electricity. (optional)
• Cost of Fuels (per MBTU) – Local cost of fuels (e.g., heating oil, propane, natural gas) in nation’s standard monetary unit per MBTU of energy. (optional)
• Year of Costs (Fuels and Electricity ) – Year for which fuel and electricity costs entered above are applicable. (optional)
• Carbon Value Factor ( per metric tonnes ) – Local value of carbon in nation’s standard monetary unit per metric ton. (optional)
• Mean Minimum Temperature( Fahrenheit) – Long-term average daily minimum temperature, in degrees Fahrenheit, observed locally. (optional)
• Leaf On Day of Year – Day of the year (1-365) in spring when frost ends locally. (optional)
• Leaf Off Day of Year – Day of the year (1-365) in autumn when frost begins locally. (optional)
• GMT Offset (hours) – Difference, in hours, between local time and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). (Daylight savings time not included.) (optional)
• Generate albedo data (required)
o Warm Temperatures – Select Yes if average summer maximum temperatures are greater than 25°C. (required)
o Abundant Rain – Select Yes if amount of rainfall is greater than 1,000 millimeters a year. (required)
o Abundant Vegetation – Select Yes if vegetation covers 50% or more of the land area. (required)
o Snow – Select Yes if average snowfall is 10 centimeters or more a year. (required)
• Ozone State – U.S. state whose ozone depth is most similar to ozone depth of new location. See the help within the Database site for more info. (required)
A member of the i-Tree Team