Eco v6 crashed or stopped working

Issues related to i-Tree v6.x can be posted in this section. 6.x updates and known issues will be posted here also.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Eco v6 crashed or stopped working

Post by azelaya » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

Post updated 01Nov2018
Some i-Tree Eco v6 users have reported random crashing or received the following errors:
  • i-Tree Eco v6 has stopped working.
  • OLEDB 14.0.7010.1000 is required, version 16.0.4266.1001 is installed.
  • OLEDB 14.0.7010.1000 is required to run i-Tree Eco. Install or reinstall the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 to correct this issue.
This is a known issue that has to do with the database “driver” that is installed with some versions Microsoft Office. This driver is called the “Microsoft Access Database Engine” and is intended for use by third party applications, like i-Tree Eco, which use Microsoft Access databases. Please note, this is a free driver provided by Microsoft and does not require the purchase of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Access. This driver does not interfere with, or affect the functionality of, existing installations of newer versions of Microsoft Office or Microsoft Access. Please follow the directions below to correct this issue:
  1. Uninstall Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 (if installed):
    1. Open the Control Panel
    2. Open the Programs and Features
    3. Select the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010
    4. Click Uninstall
    5. Complete the uninstall process
  2. Install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010:
    1. Download the installer from the Microsoft Download Center.
      • If you have a 32 bit version of Microsoft Office installed, download the AccessDatabaseEngine.exe installer.
      • If you have a 64 bit version of Microsoft Office installed, download the AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe installer.
      • if you do not have Microsoft Office installed, we recommend downloading the AccessDatabaseEngine.exe installer.
    2. Run the installer and complete the installation.
Note: You may have to repeat this process if you install or upgrade Microsoft Office OR install Microsoft Windows updates after completing the above steps.

If your error message mentions "limited access rights" as an issue, you should ensure that you have full access rights to work in the folder where Eco and i-Tree were installed, along with the folder where you are trying to create your Eco project.
A member of the i-Tree Team