Eco report errors - contact i-Tree staff

Issues related to i-Tree v5.x can be posted in this section. 5.x updates and known issues will be posted here also.
picknb

Eco report errors - contact i-Tree staff

Post by picknb » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Can you help decipher these Eco report errors? All these messages say to contact i-Tree staff for more information.

Thanks!

Nigel
--
Error: Code 'species code' - has a leaf area to biomass entry but no corresponding group entry - leaf area to biomass entry deleted. The species code is not assigned to a tree biomass group in the species database.

Error: Code 'Species code' - has a tree value entry but no corresponding group entry - tree value entry deleted. The species code is missing information in the species database.

Error: No ufore to energy region mapping for 'city name' There is no climate zone entry for the city in the location database. [City in database is South Portland, ME]
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Eco report errors - contact i-Tree staff

Post by azelaya » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 am

These errors should have a species code associated with processing error it in the text. Such as *** Error: Code SYRO - Has a leaf area to biomass entry but no corresponding group entry...

In many cases, these messages are due to changes in the underlying processing files but aren't always an indication of a problem in your actual project. For example, the species codes (SYRO, PIGLS, QUDU1...) generate errors in the processing notes but these may not be trees in the actual project. In these cases, the error is due to a problem with processing files not agreeing with each other due to conflicts or file updates.

The energy processing error message can be generated for international projects as the energy model is not applicable outside the U.S. and a creating a project with a location outside the U.S. can cause the message.

Additionally, changes in the location database, new species additions or species code changes can cause potential issues and generate errors in the processing notes also. However, we would need to see your Eco project file to verify if there is an issue of concern. Please use the File - Pack Project option to create a zip file of your project and databases and send that to us as an email attachment at info@itreetools.org. We can test and see if there are any problems with the processing files or species being used in your inventory that may be causing the error messages.

Thanks for your cooperation,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team