Error and Application quit

Issues related to i-Tree v5.x can be posted in this section. 5.x updates and known issues will be posted here also.
UrbanBiofilter

Error and Application quit

Post by UrbanBiofilter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Hello --

Every time I try to submit my data for iTree Eco I receive this error message:

"Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument"

Then the application unexpectedly quits.

Please advise on next steps.

Best,
Elizabeth
azelaya
i-Tree Team

runtime error 5 invalid procedure call or argument

Post by azelaya » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:26 am

Hello Elizabeth,

This error is usually associated with data that may be out of an acceptable range. It may also be due to an unintended character or format being used in the data which can cause problems when submitting.

Please use the File - Pack Project option to create a zip file of the project and send the zip file to us at info@itreetools.org as an attachment. We can help troubleshoot and identify where the problem may be. Please let us know if you are using the most up-to-date version of Eco which is Eco v.5.0.9. This can be checked by selecting Help- About from the menu.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
UrbanBiofilter

Post by UrbanBiofilter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:03 pm

I was indeed using an older version of iTree Eco, v. 5.0.7. I'm in the process of updating. Will I loose any of the data housed in Eco if I update to this version?
UrbanBiofilter

Post by UrbanBiofilter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:09 pm

I'm having difficulty updating the iTree program. Every time I attempt to do this the program reports it's not responding.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:46 pm

You will not loose any existing data by updating your application.

I am not sure why you are not able to get a response when updating as I just tested the download system and it appears to be working. There may be issues with your system security preventing the transfer or external communication. I will send you a alternate method by email shortly.

Al
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:20 am

This error was due to (2) different values in the underlying Access database tables for an assigned land use entry for a tree. This data conflict caused the error invalid procedure call or argument when trying to submit more processing. Changing the values to be consistent resolved the problem and validation checking will be updated in the next release to avoid this type of data conflict.