Tree monitoring

Issues related to i-Tree v5.x can be posted in this section. 5.x updates and known issues will be posted here also.
ned

Tree monitoring

Post by ned » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:50 am

Very good software with to many option and interesting answer....

I'd like to know if it's possible to make monitoring of trees with it. I mean to make many inspections of the same tree.

I'm forest ingeneer and made recommandations on trees and sometime I recommand to follow the degradation of some pests. I want to know if I have to modify the tree each time I made an inspection and loose my previous records or there is a way to keep previous recommandation and make a second record of the same tree at a different date.

I'm starting a urban forest program and I want to be sure that starting with the good software.

Sorry for the English...

By the way, is there a french version??? If not, I'm probably interested to participate or help you with that.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Tree monitoring

Post by azelaya » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:50 pm

I-Tree does not have the capability to keep track of previous records, work histories, etc. Please see the following post which discusses how i-Tree is used as a periodic assessment tool to provide ecosystem service information for community trees http://forums.itreetools.org/viewtopic.php?t=689 . There is also a University of Florida link to asset management systems that are designed for more day-to-day or frequent tree management.

There is only an English language version of i-Tree which many international users work with on compatible computers.
A member of the i-Tree Team