Issue importing clipped images into Vue

Issues related to i-Tree v5.x can be posted in this section. 5.x updates and known issues will be posted here also.
HallMC

Post by HallMC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:11 pm

I clipped NLCD images using ArcMap 9.3. When I browse and select them in i-tree Vue, I receive this error:

"Vue has encountered a problem reading the imagery world files and cannot continue. .TFW files are critical as they tell you where the images are located geographically. Browse to the folder where your images are stored and make sure the .TFW files are present and named correctly. You made need to re-load your imagery or download them again from www.mrlc.gov.

I checked the folder to find .tfw files for the original image, but not the clipped images (they are in the same folder). I also attached one of clipped images in the folder in case it helps.
Attachments
tfwerror.JPG
tfwerror.JPG (59.34 KiB) Viewed 11794 times
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks for sending the screen capture. I'm curious if you tried to load in the original NLCD (land cover, canopy & impervious) images that were downloaded from the MRLC website and if Vue was able to process those without any problems?

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
HallMC

Post by HallMC » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:29 pm

I have loaded the originals without any problems.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Here is a work around to create the TFW files needed if they were not generated properly during the original clipping sequence in ArcGIS9.3.

Select ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools > Raster > Raster Properties > Export Raster World File.
AFTER clipping to make the needed world files.
A member of the i-Tree Team
HallMC

Post by HallMC » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Thank you. That solved my problem.