Here is an update for users working with i-Tree Vue and ArcGIS v10.
v10 of ArcGIS includes support for clipping images (raster data) WITHOUT the Spatial Analyst extension.
1. ArcToolBox > Data Management Tools > Raster > Raster Processing > Clip
· Input Raster: Impervious, Tree Canopy, or Land Cover image downloaded from MRLC website
· Output Extent: Polygon shapefile you wish to clip with
· CHECK the box next to “Use Input Features for Clipping Geometry (optional)”
· Output Raster Dataset: browse to an appropriate location on your hard drive
o NAME the Output Dataset with a .TIF extension: your_layer_name.tif
o Note: TIF and TFW will be created at chosen output location
· NoData Value (optional): leave blank
The current Vue manual instructions will be updated in the future which provide instructions for use with ArcGIS v9.x using Spatial Analyst.
Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Vue
1 post • Page 1 of 1
A member of the i-Tree Team