International pollution estimates in iTree canopy

Section for FAQs for i-Tree Canopy

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

IntegratedFutures

International pollution estimates in iTree canopy

Post by IntegratedFutures » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:54 pm

Hi folks,

I have been reading that the pollution estimates have been done for Australia, but I don't seem to be able to select any counties other than USA locations in order to generate an estimate of the pollution captured by trees in the tool.

I'm happy to enter the values in manually, but cannot find a database that gives me similar default values for each of the regions in Australia. Can anyone point me to a database that has those?

I did try downloading iTree Eco in the hope that the data supplied with that might have the estimates. However, whilst the location data does give me region and sub-region values to select my location, the database does not have any default values for pollution captured, but rather requires me to do my own monitoring as part of the input to the model.

Any thoughts on how to get default values for Australian regions and subregions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny.
Erika.Teach

Re: International pollution estimates in iTree canopy

Post by Erika.Teach » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm

Hello Danny,

Many people outside of the United States have use i-Tree Canopy to estimate pollution removal for their project location. They either choose all the the United States in the regional settings, or they choose a state that has a similar climate an pollution level as their project location.

To read more about international use of i-Tree go here, https://www.itreetools.org/support/reso ... ernational.

Kind Regards, Erika
IntegratedFutures

Re: International pollution estimates in iTree canopy

Post by IntegratedFutures » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks for your quick response Erika.

I had already looked at picking a county that had a similar climatic profile so will proceed with that.

Regards,
Danny.