How to read the Hydrological benefits in the iTree canopy Report?

Section for FAQs for i-Tree Canopy

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

dan

How to read the Hydrological benefits in the iTree canopy Report?

Post by dan » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi, it might be an uninformed question but to me it is not clear how to read the last section in the iTree Canopy v.7 Report called "Tree Benefit Estimates: Hydrological".
I suppose that the first three (E, I and T) refer to annual values, but how is it with the PE and PET? To what time frame to they refer?

Kind regards,
Dan
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: How to read the Hydrological benefits in the iTree canopy Report?

Post by azelaya » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Hello,
The hydrology estimates in i-Tree Canopy are annual estimates.

The hydrology estimates were recently added to i-Tree Canopy v7 and are based on similar methods used in i_Tree Landscape which applies county level multipliers to a unit area of canopy for a location to estimate ecosystem services and values. Batch runs of the i-Tree Eco model are used to derive these county level multipliers used in online tools like Canopy and Landscape. Eco processes environmental processes in hourly time steps over a year using hourly precipitation, pollution and other environmental variables, and these are summed for annual estimates of these processes. The 2010yr county level processing is briefly described in the following document https://www.itreetools.org/documents/11 ... imates.pdf
A member of the i-Tree Team