Is it possible to just use canopy width without having to add the other data points for crown size?

Section for FAQs for i-Tree Canopy

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

dmilliken

Is it possible to just use canopy width without having to add the other data points for crown size?

Post by dmilliken » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:06 pm

I am trying to use the data that was collected for canopy width N/S and E/W but i-Tree Eco will not let me continue since I do not have Canopy Height Top and Canopy Height Base. Is there a way to use the data I do have without having the other fields completed?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Is it possible to just use canopy width without having to add the other data points for crown size?

Post by azelaya » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:23 pm

Unfortunately, it is not possible to only use crown width data unless you have the other crown size variables.

Depending on the size of the data set and project objectives, you can consider estimating the missing height variables but that can be time consuming. If you have the data imported into Eco already and are running into errors because of missing variables, I believe that you can typically go back and toggle off the crown size check box in project configuration to avoid errors. In this case, Eco will estimate those values and ignore your actual measurements.
A member of the i-Tree Team