i-Tree Eco 4.1.7 - Run-time Error '13': Type Mismatch

Issues related to i-Tree v4.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
mstein

i-Tree Eco 4.1.7 - Run-time Error '13': Type Mismatch

Post by mstein » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I am attempting to create a new project in Eco. The issue comes when I get to "Define Points". I have already created the plot list through ArcGIS 9.3.1 (as per the i-Tree manual) and selected "Load From Files". After selecting the i-Tree generated Plot & Strata reports (no stratification) as well as the .prj file, I recieve an error message stating "Run-Time error '13': Type mismatch" and the entire program shuts down. Any idea what this means?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Run-time Error '13': Type Mismatch Loading plots

Post by azelaya » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 am

It is hard to say for certain the cause of the error but typically the mismatch error occurs when Eco is looking for data to be in a specific format and it is not, which may cause the program to crash.

I have posted a link with a zip file Eco_simple_random_plot_files_example.zip http://www.itreetools.org/eco/resources ... xample.zip , which has the (2) basic text files generated in the plot generation steps for simple random sampling. These are for the Plot File List and Strata File in the Define Plots dialog box. I enclosed a shapefile which I select for the (3) plot file requirement asking for the GIS Projection File.

You can check these to see if your files look similar in format which may tell you if you generated them properly. Please let us know.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
mstein

Post by mstein » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:50 am

Thank you for your help. It looks like the Strata report was formatted wrong for some reason.

As a side note, I noticed that the sample files used a GIS SHP file while the iTree manual calls for the PRJ file. Any idea if using one file type over the other makes a difference in the outcome (I checked and ECO will populate the fields with either file)?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Eco plot loading

Post by azelaya » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Yes, Eco will load the plots correclty if selecting the PRJ file instead of the SHP file that I used in my example.
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team