Error 1935 during installation on Windows 7 O/S 32 bit

Issues related to i-Tree v4.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Error 1935 during installation on Windows 7 O/S 32 bit

Post by azelaya » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:46 am

A few i-Tree users have reported an Error 1935 during i-Tree v4 installation on computers running Windows 7 operating systems 32 bit. The installation gets to a point and stalls, generates the 1935 error and then goes through a rollback process requiring closing the task.

We believe that this issue is related to a registry limitation that is reached when ArcGIS or other applications are installed along with Crystal Reports runtime. We have created and set up a file that you can access online that will automatically make a necessary adjustment to your registry. Please follow the following procedures:

1. Please click the following link http://www.itreetools.org/support/SetRegistryLimit.zip and download the zip file and save the extracted file to your computer desktop.

2. Double click the SetRegistrySizeLimit file icon from your desktop and run the program.

3. Once complete, you must Restart your Computer for changes to take effect.

4. Install i-Tree after rebooting the computer. NOTE - You should shut down other programs before the installation process such as your internet browser. The install wizard may prompt you to do so if there are other applications running. If this occurs, close the running programs or tasks and then select retry.

You may also need to temporarily disable security to allow the installation.

Note - If i-Tree does not install after making changes, please launch the command prompt as administrator. If you are not familiar with this, you can access by clicking Start and then type “command prompt” in the search box. Right Click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

This should open an Admin Command Prompt dialog box allowing DOS commands. Type “sfc /scannow”. That command may take about 10 minutes as it runs through system file checker and makes any repairs.

Reboot if it does repair files and then give the i-Tree installation another shot.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team