Error upgrading to v4 on a Windows7 64bit operating system

Issues related to i-Tree v4.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Error upgrading to v4 on a Windows7 64bit operating system

Post by azelaya » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:36 pm

We are investigating an error received preventing upgrading to version 4. from i-Tree 3.0.19 through the application Help - Check for Updates option, which occurred on a Windows7 64 bit operating system.

We were able to install i-Tree version 4 on Win7 64 bit O/S by downloading and installing the v4 package. It is not necessary to uninstall v3.0.19 before installing v4.

We will update after further investigation.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
AGH

upgrading to version 4

Post by AGH » Wed May 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm having a similar problem as cannot get the update. Everytime I shut down Streets, highlight the file, and try to execute the update, Itreesoftman first says it's downloading………. but then something locks up, I-Tree V3 update stops responding and has to be closed with task manager. I don’t know where the file may be stored on my end to even see if it was downloaded, but I don't think it completes, and at this point I cant install the update. I shut down Norton security for an hour each time prior to executing the transfer so there would be no restrictions, but this doesnt seem to be the problem.
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

upgrading to version 4

Post by i-Tree Support » Wed May 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I would suggest as an alternative to try to download the i-Tree_Setup.exe file directly through the i-Tree website instead of upgrading through the application. The installation is a 248mb file size so the download may take some time if you are on an institutional or government system. It took me a little less than 20min on my home computer to download.

You will need to register http://www.itreetools.org/register.php and login http://www.itreetools.org/login.php first. Once you login, you can select "Get the Tools" from the website header to request the i-Tree Suite v4.0 and save the file to your computer.

Once you save the i-Tree_Setup.exe file on your desktop, launch from the ICON and it should run through the upgrade without requiring removing your old applications. As you mentioned, I would turn off other applications and disable your security while running the install.

Hope this helps resolve.
Al
a member of the i-Tree Team