i-Tree Vue 3.x- known image clipping issues using ArcGIS 9.3

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

i-Tree Vue 3.x- known image clipping issues using ArcGIS 9.3

Post by azelaya » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:24 pm

Here are a few known issues which may help Vue 3.x users working with ArcGIS 9.3

1. You cannot load imagery into Vue that is currently loaded into ArcGIS. in the future, Vue (v4 release) will warn users if it detects ArcGIS running.

2. Thumbnails appear as grayscale in Vue – this is a known ArcGIS issue where it does something to the palette of clipped images. This occurs in 9.3 and above, but not 9.2 and below. This is addressed right on the Vue Image Browse screen, just to the left of the thumbnail. Proceed with the application, and Vue should recolor on its main screens.

3. ArcGIS clipping must use "Extract by Mask - ArcGIS changed from 9.2 to 9.3 and the “Extract by Mask” tool must be used, and then extracted images must be exported, and TFW files created for them using the “Export Raster World File” tool. Other clip tools will not work correctly.

-This will take care of inflated areas/background outside of image area of interest.

-And TFW files are needed for Vue to know where the image is spatially.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team