GPS Port Is not recognized

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
ehsandavarynejad

GPS Port Is not recognized

Post by ehsandavarynejad » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 am

Hi,
My PDA communicates GPS form port com:4, which is not listed in settings of I-tree, How can I solve this?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

GPS not recognized

Post by azelaya » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:32 am

Hello,

Can you verify if you activated GPS in the project configuration on your desktop before sending a project configuration to the PDA. There is a check box for GPS on the Input- Data Fields option of the desktop that must be checked so that GPS functionality will be enabled in Streets. This will allow you to scan available port and enable a drop down allowing you to choose a com port. Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: GPS prot dose not recognized

Post by MJKerr » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm

ehsandavarynejad wrote:Hi,
My PDA communicates GPS form port com:4, which is not listed in settings of I-tree, How can I solve this?
In the GPS control panel of the PDA, select COM4 as the hardware port and use another COM port as the program port. Check the box "Let Windows handle my GPS devices," re-launch Streets PDA, and try again. This is assuming you have GPS enabled in Streets. A reboot of the device might be required.