Problem Uploading Access Database

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
njgibson

Problem Uploading Access Database

Post by njgibson » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 pm

I have been trying to upload an access database into iTree. I have done it in the past successful now I can't get it to work. I updated to version 3-18 and have saved the access database as 2002-2003 database, but I get an error to check format. The only difference I see is in the manual it says most field are number format, whereas access calls them double.

Any suggestions.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Problem uploading Access database

Post by azelaya » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:06 am

It is hard to tell without seeing the database. However, I would first suggest getting rid of any unused fields that you do not have data for. For example, if you are using a spreadsheet template with all the Pest fields empty, these can be deleted.

If you are still having problems, I have found that if I try removing one field at a time and testing the import without that field that I can narrow it down to a specific location.

This usually helps identify an issue that may be associated with the incorrect data type such as text needing to be numeric, field heading spelling or field sequence. I have seen some files where one field is placed incorrectly. For example, DBH needs to come after SpCode regardless if CityManaged is used at all. The sequence and format can be found on page 25 & 26 of the Streets manual. The Pest field formatting starts on Page 59.

Saving as an Access 2002-2003 database is correct also. Let me know if you are still having problems and we can take a look at the file for you.

Best regards,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team