Problems with Plot no. 62

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
daveh

Problems with Plot no. 62

Post by daveh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:42 am

Hi,

I have encountered an issue with plot no. 62 when uploading info from the PDA. No other plot seems to be affected and I can't work out what (if anything) I've done differently. I only realised I had a problem when checking the data through the 'Edit' - 'Enter or edit data' tab. Upon opening plot 62, a pop-up message appears 'Control array element '15' doesn't exist'. 16 trees were entered for the plot in the PDA but don't appear in the database. Upon manually entering data for trees in this plot from a paper data collection sheet and clicking 'Save edits' a further pop-up message appears - 'Run-time error '9': subscript out of range' and Eco shuts down entirely.
A further anomaly has occurred, however. Upon changing land-use from 'Other' to 'Park' in the 'General plot info' tab, the error messages ceased to appear and the trees have now appeared in the tree info tab, so they must have been uploaded from the PDA in the first place.

Do you have any suggestions/info regarding this anomaly? Have you encountered it before?

Also, a further quick question, can I update the Eco software in the middle of a project or will the data stored on the computer be affected?

Kind regards,

Dave H
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 am

Updating i-Tree will not cause you to lose any data. Feel free to backup your database folder before you open it with the new version if you like.