Error installing Streets PDA application

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am

The following error was submitted from a user:

We are receiving an error trying to install the streets PDA application on a Trimble Juno unit running the Windows Mobile O/S. The PDA installation status indicates "not installed" in red. We receive the following message "Application manager can not install this application due to an error in the set-up file"

How can this be resolved?
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am

I would recommend first making sure that you are running the most recent i-Tree version by selecting Help and Check for Updates from the main menu. Some PDA installation issues have been identified by past users and have been resolved in subsequent updates.

Another possible problem could be caused if ActiveSnyc or Windows Mobile device center is corrupted. This can be resolved by uninstalling those programs and reinstalling. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/ ... synch.mspx

Users working on government and institution computers may need to have administrator rights to install the PDA application. Please check with your IT staff to ensure that you have full rights to the i-Tree folder and to install the application on a handheld device. This was the cause of this installation issue.
A member of the i-Tree Team