Storm "PDA Application" not working

Issues related to i-Tree v3.x can be posted in this section. If you encounter any issues, please pass the information along to i-Tree Support.
rfswanson

Storm "PDA Application" not working

Post by rfswanson » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:36 am

I am currently working on a project that is going to be using the Storm interface of i-Tree.  We are using HP iPAQ 211 PDAs that are running off of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6 Classic.  Streets has loaded with out any problems however the Storm interface will recognize the PDA, and it will download Storm onto the PDA but then the "PDA Application" line on the "Storm PDA Transfer" screen tells me that I am running version 3.0.0 which is displayed in red text whereas all the other information on the "Storm PDA Transfer" page is in blue or black.  Also, the "Send Project Configuration to PDA" button along with the "Retrieve Data from PDA" and "Clean PDA of Collected Data" are all grayed out. Therefore we cannot load our Tiger line data onto the PDA for the Storm interface. I have searched for information pertaining to this and it seems that if the version is displayed in red that means that the version is out of date? I could not find an up-data for the PDA Application for Storm anywhere. Is there one?

Also, I don't know if this is important or not, so I'll include it anyway. When I open Storm on the PDA, I get to a screen that says "Quit" or "Next". When I hit "Next" a screen pops up that says "Database XML File not found!" Is this what it's supposed to say when I have not loaded any data onto the PDA from the Storm Interface on my desktop?

We have Storm Version: 3.0.3 and i-Tree Version: 3.0.11

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide!
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Storm PDA Application not working

Post by azelaya » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Our programmer found a discrepancy in the PDA installer for i-Tree Storm in i-Tree 3.0.11 which will be corrected in an upcoming release due out during the week of March 22nd, 2010. I have attached an updated .exe file for the storm PDA installer which can be used until the release if any other users may need this. (Note- you will need to be logged on to access)

Please save the zip file on your computer desktop and extract the file onto the desktop. Connect your PDA to the computer and let ActiveSnyc make a connection. Make sure Storm is not active on the PDA. Launch the i-Tree SDAP PDA Installer from your desktop and it will walk you through the reinstallation process as shown below. There are a few quick steps to update the PDA. Make sure to check the PDA during the installation as it may ask you to verify or allow installation.

After installation is complete, you will notice the PDA application is 3.0.2. as shown below. This version will work and you can proceed through the steps to send your project configuration to the PDA.
Attachments
i-Tree SDAP PDA Installer.zip
(4.36 MiB) Downloaded 776 times
A member of the i-Tree Team
rfswanson

Patch worked flawlessly!

Post by rfswanson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 am

This worked splendidly! Thanks for the help!